Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Woah. What? ...Callbacks...

So I auditioned for Vanguard Singers and Band last week. It's like this hard core elite choir. I auditioned last year. Didn't even make call backs. I cried myself to sleep that night. It was horrible. So I prayed so hard that this year, if I didn't make it, that I would be strong. So I hear the call back list goes up tomorrow. So I call my RA and ask her to pray with me that I'll be strong if I don't make it. THEN my friend Danielle comes in. She said CALL BACK LIST IS UP. I thought great, just gimme the bad news. She said you made it. I said WHAT!? I couldn't believe it. So I went down to look myself. And I saw this.



And then I saw this.



My name. It's never looked so beautiful in all the twenty years I've been alive. And then I thought. Brandi. Don't get excited. It's only call backs. And there are no alto spots available. And all the returners are coming back. But then I thought Wait. Maybe I should celebrate. Cuz what if I don't make it? Then this would have been my only chance to celebrate and I missed out. So I dunno. I want to be excited. Cuz I mean, I didn't make call backs last year. So this is farther than I have come before. But I'm really good at getting my hopes up and then getting let down. And I don't want that. I hope my heart can be strong through disappointment. But even more, I hope it doesn't have to be disappointed. I want to be in Vanguards. I want to minister to people and inspire them and share my testimony. I want to share the love of Jesus with others.
Please pick me!!!

No comments: