Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Princess Brandi? ...Clearly not.


So here we are in line at Disneyland waiting with hudreds of other hopefuls to have our faces examined by strange people we don't know. This is known as the Disney Face Character Auditions. It was quite an interesting experience. I went in with no expectations and no hopes.

We stood in line for about two hours until finally we were brought into a room where we stood in a line and one by one the "judges" walked up to us and examined our faces, looking for the next Disney princess. It was fun... And awkward. But it was strange. There was nothing we could do to prepare. They either like your face or they don't. I can relate it to a beauty pageant. And of course the few girls who made it were super model status...Of course. But it was still fun and a good experience. I think I'll do it again one day. And I saw a kajillion people I knew there. Which was funny... and random.

So...Callbacks. Oh my gosh. So much fun. We all got music, looked over it a couple times and then had to perform it in small groups. I gave it my all and tried my best and I guess that's all I can do. We got to sing solos too and it was so much fun. I had a great time. I just hope they saw my heart. I want this so bad. But again, I'm not getting my hopes up. Everyone was amazing. And there aren't many, if any, spots to be filled. So I'll continue to wait. And hope. And pray. And pray that I will be strong if I don't see my name on that next list... Oh the art of auditioning...

No comments: